TGC 139 Notification – Technical Graduate Course for B.E./B.Tech Graduates
Applications are invited from unmarried male engineering graduates for the Technical Graduate Course (TGC) 139, offering the opportunity to join the Indian Army as an officer. The course is set to commence in July 2024. The online application submission period began on September 27, 2023, and will remain open until October 26, 2023.
Nationality: Candidates must be unmarried males and must fall under one of the following categories:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intent of settling permanently
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African countries (Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam) with the intent of permanently settling in India. Candidates in categories (ii), (iii), (iv), and (v) must possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit: Candidates should be between 20 and 27 years old as of July 1, 2024. The birth date range is from July 2, 1997, to July 1, 2004, inclusive.
Candidates should either have completed the required engineering degree or be in the final year of their engineering degree course. Those in the final year of their engineering degree course should be able to provide proof of passing by July 1, 2024, and produce their engineering degree certificate within 12 weeks from the start of training at the Indian Military Academy (IMA).
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted exclusively online on the website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.”
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration.’ Carefully fill out the online registration form.
- After registration, click on ‘Apply Online’ under the Dashboard. A page for ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility’ will open.
- Click ‘Apply’ next to the Technical Graduate Course. This will open the ‘Application Form’ page.
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to provide the required details in various segments, including personal information, communication details, educational details, and details of previous SSB interviews.
- Click ‘Save & Continue’ before moving to the next segment.
- After completing the last segment, you will see a ‘Summary of your information’ page where you can review and edit your entries.
- Click ‘Submit Now’ only after ensuring that all details are correct. Candidates should click ‘Submit Now’ each time they need to edit their application.
- After the final closure of the online application, candidates must take out two copies of their application, which will contain their Roll Number, available 30 minutes after the closure.
The selection process is as follows:
(a) Shortlisting of Applications: The Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and establish cutoff percentages for each engineering discipline/stream without providing reasons. After shortlisting, candidates will be informed of their allocated Selection Centre through email. Subsequently, candidates will need to log in to the website and select their SSB interview dates on a first-come, first-served basis.
(b) SSB Interviews: Only shortlisted eligible candidates, based on the cutoff percentage, will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres in Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka), or Kapurthala (Punjab) by a psychologist, Group Testing Officer, and Interviewing Officer. Call-up letters for SSB interviews will be issued via candidates’ registered email and SMS. The allocation of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army), and no requests for changes will be entertained.
(c) Two-Stage Selection Procedure: Candidates will undergo a two-stage selection procedure at the SSB. Those who clear Stage I will proceed to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be sent back on the same day. SSB interviews last for five days, and details are available on the official website of Dte Gen of Rtg (www.joinindianarmy.nic.in). After Stage II, candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will receive Joining Letters for training based on merit and vacancies.
(d) Type of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation with the rank of Lt, effective from the course commencement date or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later. They will receive full pay and allowances applicable to Lt during the training period. Permanent Commission in the Army, in the rank of Lt, will be granted upon successful completion of training.
TGC 139 Notification Date: September 27, 2023
Last Date for Online Submission: October 26, 2023
TGC 139 Interview Dates: December 2023 – January 2024
Click Here To Download TGC 139 Notification